After the large list of novels last month for Jack London, I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t a little underwhelmed by the list of novels written by George Orwell. He was also a journalist so maybe he didn’t have the same amount of time, but I was definitely expecting at least double this list. Be sure to check out next week’s full review of 1984!
- 1933: Down and Out in Paris and London**
- 1934: Burmese Days
- 1935: A Clergyman’s Daughter
- 1936: Keep the Aspidistra Flying
- 1937: The Road to Wigan Pier**
- 1938: Homage to Catalonia**
- 1939: Coming Up for Air
- 1945: Animal Farm
- 1947: The English People**
- 1949: 1984
(**) – Non Fiction
-Does not include all essays written by Orwell, of which there were several; including the collection of essays Shooting An Elephant.